If your like me then you know that your dog’s treats are just as important as the food they eat! Most dog owners know not to give their dogs chicken bones and chocolate, but did you know that rawhide chews and bones can be just as harmful?
Why is Rawhide bad?
Rawhide is an inexpensive byproduct of the cattle industry, and has almost no flavor by-itself. Distributors of rawhide change this by, basting, stuffing and/or sugarcoating rawhide to interest pets. Rawhide also does not breakdown when your dog chews on it causing them to choke, gag and also tears their gumline. Ever notice that your dog leaves blood on their bone? That is from the rawhide, it only breaks down from massive amounts of chewing and then re-hardens after they stop chewing in whatever pointy shape they last gnawed on it. The next time the dog breaks that piece off they will probably try to swallow it whole or jam it into their teeth causing more damage.
I have found a GREAT solution to Rawhide! Have you heard of Pork Chomps? My dog Oreo is in love with these bones and she’s not too picky but once she had these she turned her nose at her other bones no joke!
Not only did my 13 year old black lab mix love these bones and treats made by Pork Chomps but My neighbors two loving pit bull mixes could not get enough and my other neighbors Bull Dog Puppy was in bone heaven! Every time I shared these with a dog, little, medium or big they were just overtaken by the natural goodness of these dog treats!
Onto the goods… these are the extraordinary treats I was given to sample with my dog and my friends dogs! Oreo’s favorite by far is the sweet potato bones and the pig ears! She enjoyed the bacon wrap ones but there was something specially yummy about the sweet potato ones that made her sit extra pretty!
- Premium Pork Chomps are made with expanded, baked pork skin and are 100% rawhide free. Expanded pork skin is produced under Scott Pets’ proprietary and patented process wherein 70% of the fat is removed, creating a cleaner, easier to digest product that has longer shelf life. The process also removes unsightly color from the pork skin while reducing odor and grease.
- A recent university study proved Pork Chomps products are 99.9% digestible compared to rawhide chews, which are only 50-85% digestible.
- Chew digestibility is imperative since dogs often times swallow large chunks at once, which can lead to intestinal blockages if the chew isn’t completely digested.
- The university study also found that dogs that had eaten Pork Chomps products had decreased cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Unlike rawhide chews that need to be basted, flavored or stuffed to get a dog’s attention, Premium Pork Chomps’ baked pork skins have a natural flavor that dogs love.
- In independent studies, nine out of 10 dogs preferred Pork Chomps products to beef rawhide.
- Premium Pork Chomps are odor free, stain free and mess free because most dogs consume the entire chew, leaving no slimy mess left over to clean up.
If you love to spoil your pet like I do or just simply give them good quality food and treats, your in luck because not only is Pork Chomps available to order online and at many nationwide retailers such as, Big Lots, Gander Mountain, PetSmart, Pet Supermarket, Walgreens and many others.
HOwever, I would check the promotions online because they are currently giving away a FREE plush toy with all orders of $20 or more!
- Atwoods Ranch & Home
- Big Lots
- Big R
- C-A-L Ranch Stores
- Family Farm & Home
- Farm & Home Supply
- Farm King
- Feeders Supply
- Gander Mountain
- L&M Fleet Supply
- Orscheln Farm & Home
- Pet Food Center
- Pet Supermarket
- Runnings Farm & Fleet
- Rural King
- Scott’s Dog Supply
- Shoppers Supply
- Southern States
- Tractor Supply Company
- Valley Vet