You can even gather items like shells, pictures, pom poms and more to hot glue/tacky glue to the container.
What do you Save and reuse at home!!
You can even gather items like shells, pictures, pom poms and more to hot glue/tacky glue to the container.
What do you Save and reuse at home!!
Eating is a part of life. Your body gets its nutrients from food. Sometimes we can go overboard with our eating habits and it can result in gaining weight. One issue with food is emotional eating.
The problem of emotional eating may end with the scale but it begins in the mind. Stress takes its toll on your life. When your defenses are compromised your health takes a hit and so do your emotions.
Everyone has good days and bad days. How we deal with the bad ones brings emotional eating into play. You look for comfort for your hurts. People who turn to food for comfort find a coping mechanism that won’t judge them, hurt them or tell them “no.” To complicate the issue, eating pleasurable foods can stimulate the release of endorphins just like exercise. So, after you eat, you feel better.
Emotional eaters use food to relieve stress. They hide behind the food instead of seeking solutions to the problems. This is not uncommon when the stressor is something horrible such as physical abuse or a death.
But, how do you know you are using food in this way? The first sign is obvious. You will gain weight if you eat too much. In light of the weight gain, examine other areas of your life:
* Have you been under stress lately at work or at home?
* Has anything traumatic happened in the last year?
* Are you dealing with a problem but haven’t found a solution?
Answering “yes” to any of these questions could mean that you are an emotional eater. You eat but you are not necessarily hungry at the time. The foods that you choose are what we term “comfort foods”:
* High fat foods like French fries, fried foods
* High carb foods like macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes
* Sugary foods like ice cream, donuts, cookies, cake
There is help for emotional eaters. The first step is recognizing that you have a problem. You’ll experience feelings of helplessness and guilt. The guilt is over potentially ruining your health and the helplessness lies in the fact that you don’t see a way out.
Secondly, seek counseling. There are many types of counselors out there that can meet your need. Emotional eating has nothing to do with dieting or changing your eating habits but gaining control over your emotions.
A counselor might suggest things like visualization, practicing problem solving skills, relaxation techniques and family support. Visualization helps you to see your problems in a realistic way and not blown out of proportion. You will also learn to see food as nutrition for the body and not an emotional crutch.
Thirdly, your family can learn your triggers for stress and be on the lookout for changes in your eating habits. They can help you be aware of the foods you are eating, assist you in making healthy food choices and exercise along with you. Proper diet and exercise increases immunity, blood flow and positive thinking. Yoga enhances the mind/body connection so you don’t eat when you aren’t hungry.
Finding new ways to solve your problems and deal with stress will push food out of the equation. You’ll feel good about finding solutions which will replace the dependence on food.
Each week during the month of August 2 lucky Participants will have the chance to
or a $100.00 VBotique Gift Certificate good towards the procedure of your choice
DON”T WANT TO WAIT TO WIN HERLIFE? You don’t have to simply SUBSCRIBE and it’s all yours straight to your door!
To enter simply use the Entry Form below, this giveaway is open to Florida Residents only.
Disclaimer: Blogger participants are not responsible for the prizes being offered. Bloggers are not receiving compensation for participating in this giveaway. Entries will be validated and confirmed before announcement of winners are given. Failure to claim your prize within 72 hours will result in a reissue of the prize to the next available participant. Winners will be drawn each Friday Starting August 8th, announcements will be made once the gift has been claimed.
From now until September 2nd your 1st- 8th grade kids can earn FREE books!!
It’s easy and a great motivator for summer reading, just have your kids Read 8 books and log them into their Reading Journal.
Once they have 8 logged bring their Journal to your local Barnes and Noble. Then they may choose 1 book for each log turned in.
Books are while supplies last, so don’t waste time this summer or you will miss out!
Do your kids like to read during the summer? My oldest loves it and my youngest is just now reading on his own! YEY!!
Filed Under: Uncategorized
In just two terrifying weeks my children now 6 and almost 11 will be home ALL day and while I love the idea of being able to sleep in (kinda). I am running ragged trying to make sure that I have enough to keep them from driving
each other ME up the walls. “OH but summer is supposed to be a time of relaxation and bliss” (if you believe that seek help).
If you have boys who love to antagonize and get in each others faces just because they can, summer is just a BOMB waiting to explode all over your house. Did I mention that we also live in South Florida so guess what they DON”T want to do all day long? Be outside anywhere because it’s too stinkin’ HOT! Kids during the summer here revert to indoors like children do in the North during winter. Sure they all play outside a little but they can only last so long because it really HOT!
So here’s the game plan so far:
1. Summer Enrichment– Yes I am that mean mommy who refuses to let her children’s brains frizzle over summer. We are going to the library (a lot), local museums courtesy of our local library (who gives out 1 pass per kid to a museum of your choose per day each month until they are gone), nature parks, of course they are doing math, and reading lots of reading (or I may have to feed them to the museum birds!)
2. Bowling (it’s indoors in A/C and it’s
free nearly free) See Kids Bowl Free All Summer
3. MOVIES (again indoors with A/C yey!! and FREEish depending on your location) See Free Movies For Your Kids
4. Summer Camp (they think it’s cool and MOM gets a break hallelujah!)
5. Beach Trips We live in Florida Hello!! (word of advise early in the day or late in the day DO NOT GO MIDDAY to the beach in South Florida in the summer EVER!! unless you like roasting like an ewy gooey marshmallow)
6. FUN oh yeah we are going to have dance parties, sprinkler runs, water balloon flights, painting and crafting terrors and just make a general mess!
7. Food Creations in addition to fun I use food as a way to keep busy cool off and have the kids learn too! An easy way to cool off is with Watermelon Water
I would love to know how you all keep busy during your summers, as I am still stockpiling ideas! Any freebies I am all ears!!
Filed Under: Parenting
Before the summer officially starts make sure you check out your local free movies and special coupons from their websites!
Theaters across the nation provide Free or next to Free movie series during the Summer. Most shows start around 10am and you have a choice of two movies a week to pick from.
2014 movie titles include, Hotel Transylvania, The Lego Movie, Turbo, Free Birds and many more!
Regal Theaters Summer Movie Express Locations- $1 kids movies
Dickinson Theaters Locations–find your local box office for schedule
Marcus Theaters Locations-$2 movies
Showcase Theaters Free movie with Book Report— I hear you may be able to skip the report for the summer movies (not sure though, I’d check)
Harkins Theaters Locations– 10 movies for $10
Cinemark Theaters Locations–10 for $5 pre-ordered or $1 a show
If you know of other programs out there please share them in the comments below!
South Florida offers many great family friendly activities and events! One my boys are sure to love is our trip set for this summer to go see the Gator Boys live and in action. Many of us have seen them on TV tackling gators and saving them from the dangers of people. However, only a few of us live close enough to hop in our cars and make the trip down to Everglades Holiday Park.
If your unfamiliar with the Gator Boys they have been around Everglades Airboat Tours and The Gator Boys! Everglades Holiday Park is home to the Gator Boys of Animal Planet fame. That’s right, most episodes are filmed right here in our world-famous Everglades park filled with Alligators! There’s a good chance that while you’re here visiting, you’ll see the Gator Boys filming. You might even get to meet one of the stars of the show! Yes, you’ve come to the right place if you’re a Gator Boys fan, as we’re their official home in the Everglades! Come on down to visit them here!
In exciting news: Everglades Holiday Park was just recently voted the #1 theme park in South Florida in the 2014 WPLG-Miami “Top Ten” competition. Now you have even more of a reason to go (not that you needed one!)
Grab your Limited time offer coupon TODAY! – SAVE $4 Off Adult and $2 Off Child Airboat Tour Ticket – Everglades Holiday Park — home of the #GatorBoys #evergladeholpk
DON’T FORGET TO Register for Birthday Deals!
Then be sure to visit the Gator Boys on:
Filed Under: South Florida
Exercise is an important part of our lives. Staying in shape is one way to increase your life expectancy. Weight bearing exercises are important also for increasing muscle mass and bone density as you age.
Most of us have learned what to do when it comes to exercising. The problem is where and when to get the job done. With a busy lifestyle, making time for exercise is a challenge.
Weight bearing exercises aren’t just for bodybuilders. As you age, especially once you hit the age of forty, you begin to lose muscle mass. For women especially, bone loss becomes a problem. When the body is in need of calcium it can rob it from your bones. Building muscle not only increases their mass but your strength.
Here are five easy toning exercises that can be done anywhere and whenever you have time. At home, at the office, or on vacation, you can do these easy yet extremely effective exercises.
1. The Bridge Butt Lift – Sounds like a plastic surgery technique but it is an easy way to tone your buttocks. Lay down with feet flat on the floor, legs shoulder width apart. Place your hands, palm side down, on either side of your body. Pushing with your feet, squeeze your gluteal muscles and lift your butt off the floor. Hold the position for a count of five to ten and release down to the floor.
2. Squats – Squats work the butt, the hamstring muscles and the quadriceps. If you aren’t sure of proper form, you can use a chair. Stand with feet shoulder width apart and feet firmly planted. Push your butt back as if you were preparing to sit in a chair. Keep your abs tight and your upper body straight. Once you reach chair level stop and hold the position for a count of two to five and release. At the lowest point, place all of your weight on your heels for balance and maximum toning.
3. Reverse Lunges – Lunges work the quadriceps muscles. They can be hard for people with knee problems. A reverse lunge still tones the right muscle groups but with less pressure on the knee. Stand with feet together and arms at your sides. Take one leg and move it backwards until you are in lunge position: front leg bent at a 90 degree angle and back leg extended until you are on the ball of your foot. From this position lower yourself down until the back knee almost touches the floor. Hold for a count of two and return to starting position.
4. Pushups – This is a classic toning exercise that works all areas of the arms plus the chest muscles. If you aren’t comfortable or strong enough to perform a pushup on your toes, lower your body to your knees. Be sure your arms are tucked into the body and your back straight as you lower and lift your body.
5. Crunches – Abdominal muscles can be worked every day to build strength and muscle tone. Lying on the floor in sit up position, lace your fingers behind your head. Squeezing your abdominal muscles, lift your upper body until your lower back is about to come off the floor. Hold for two to five counts and return to starting position.
These five exercise moves can be done whenever you have time. The best thing about exercise is that its effects are cumulative. Even five or ten minutes at a time will work to your advantage.
Stretching or lite Yoga can also be effective when trying to loosen sore work muscles. Once I started working again I made a point to stretch, to keep my body from being overly sore and it does help!
What exercises are your favorite to do? When you like to do it? Leave your comments below!
If your like me then you know that your dog’s treats are just as important as the food they eat! Most dog owners know not to give their dogs chicken bones and chocolate, but did you know that rawhide chews and bones can be just as harmful?
Why is Rawhide bad?
Rawhide is an inexpensive byproduct of the cattle industry, and has almost no flavor by-itself. Distributors of rawhide change this by, basting, stuffing and/or sugarcoating rawhide to interest pets. Rawhide also does not breakdown when your dog chews on it causing them to choke, gag and also tears their gumline. Ever notice that your dog leaves blood on their bone? That is from the rawhide, it only breaks down from massive amounts of chewing and then re-hardens after they stop chewing in whatever pointy shape they last gnawed on it. The next time the dog breaks that piece off they will probably try to swallow it whole or jam it into their teeth causing more damage.
I have found a GREAT solution to Rawhide! Have you heard of Pork Chomps? My dog Oreo is in love with these bones and she’s not too picky but once she had these she turned her nose at her other bones no joke!
Not only did my 13 year old black lab mix love these bones and treats made by Pork Chomps but My neighbors two loving pit bull mixes could not get enough and my other neighbors Bull Dog Puppy was in bone heaven! Every time I shared these with a dog, little, medium or big they were just overtaken by the natural goodness of these dog treats!
Onto the goods… these are the extraordinary treats I was given to sample with my dog and my friends dogs! Oreo’s favorite by far is the sweet potato bones and the pig ears! She enjoyed the bacon wrap ones but there was something specially yummy about the sweet potato ones that made her sit extra pretty!
If you love to spoil your pet like I do or just simply give them good quality food and treats, your in luck because not only is Pork Chomps available to order online and at many nationwide retailers such as, Big Lots, Gander Mountain, PetSmart, Pet Supermarket, Walgreens and many others.
HOwever, I would check the promotions online because they are currently giving away a FREE plush toy with all orders of $20 or more!